Widening Participation Officer (WPO) – CUC Maranoa
Employment type: Casual
Location: Roma, QLD
Country Universities Centre Maranoa is a not-for-profit community driven organisation, which is jointly funded by the Commonwealth Government under the Regional University Centre program, and key local support. The CUC Maranoa provides a new opportunity to make higher education more accessible for students of all ages in the Maranoa region. CUC Maranoa is part of an affiliated network of the Country Universities Centre. Our students have free access to high-speed Internet, modern technology, and general academic support all delivered locally at CUC Maranoa. Students also have the opportunity to build a network of like-minded fellow students and can take advantage of being part of a nation-wide learning community.
The Widening Participation Officer (WPO) will work within the CUC Maranoa team, and in collaboration with university partners, to coordinate the co-design and pilot delivery of school outreach and widening participation activities to support local young people in their post-school aspirations. This is a 2-year funded position as part of the Regional Partnerships Project Pool (RPPP).
- Coordinate and manage outreach and widening participation programs to increase local
participation in Higher Education.
- Deliver outreach and widening participation programs in local schools in collaboration
with university partners, community groups, and local industry.
- Engage with local schools to build strong working relationships between the CUC and
partner universities to ensure successful and locally relevant widening participation
- Drive Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) through all widening participation activities
with the support of the CUC Central Evaluation Team and university partners.
- Contribute to the ongoing evaluation of Widening Participation activities including
collecting and analysing local data in collaboration with the CUC and university partners.
- Work collaboratively with other WPOs across the CUC Network to share best practice.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about access, participation, and equity in higher education for regional students with –
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a small team to achieve collective outcomes.
- Public speaking and presentation experience.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills in a process-driven environment with strict deadlines.
- Current driver’s licence and ability to travel.
- Experience coordinating activities or events with young people in an educational environment.
Skills and Experience Criteria
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate, problem solve
and liaise effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Experience coordinating activities or events with young people in an education environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a small team to achieve collective
- Demonstrated ability to speak publicly, make presentations, and coordinate activities with
school students, parents, teachers, community groups and industry.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills and demonstrated ability to prioritise
workload and meet strict deadlines while working in a high volume, process driven
environment with variable workflow patterns.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about creating opportunities for regional students.
- Ability to travel to schools and community groups
- Current Drivers Licence
- Experience working with universities or TAFE
- Experience working with students and stakeholders of diverse backgrounds.
How to apply:
Click here for the Position Description – Widening Participation Officer (WPO) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Jess Wild on 0407 033 289.
To make an application:
You are required to submit a full CV and cover letter.
Applications close Monday, 26 June 2023 and must be emailed to email@example.com